Have you always dreamed of walking out into your back garden and harvesting an abundance of delicious food which you grew yourself?
Growing your own food can seem a little overwhelming, and perhaps you need some inspiration and ideas to get started. This course will empower you with the knowledge and skills you need to create your very own productive and low maintenance vegetable garden.
The course will be a mix of both theory and practical learning, with practical activities including building a raised bed and compost bin, mulching, sowing seed and transplanting. You will also learn:
- Why healthy soil is key and how to make it
- Tools and equipment you need
- Understanding the limitations of weather, climate and location
- The easiest vegetables to grow
- Maximizing productivity from succession planting
- Growing vegetables for the winter months
- Adding soft fruit to your garden
- The benefits of perennial vegetables
- Dealing with common pests and diseases
- How to reduce the need to water
- Extending the season
- Growing high-value crops
- How to plan your space effectively
- And more!
Included in the course price are refreshments throughout the day and a lovely cooked lunch (vegetarian and gluten and nut free!). If you have any other dietary requirements, then please get in touch using the contact details below.
You will also receive a free signed copy of Huw’s new book Veg in One Bed, to help get your garden started.
Please arrive around 10am for refreshments and a nice chat so we can begin at 10:30m. Full details of the course location and how to get there will be provided after registering for the course.
The course is held approximately 5 minutes from Chepstow and roughly 7 minutes from the original Severn Bridge (which is now free to cross!). We are at the beautiful location of Byther Farm for this course and I would like to thank Liz Zorab and Mr J for being our hosts.
If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch by phone (07984 654930) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tickets at eventbrite here: