OCTOBER 21 at the TYWI CENTRE, LLANDEILO. 10 am to 6.30 pm. Dinefwr Farm, Llandeilo SA19 6RT
NEWS: SEVERE WEATHER WARNING: The MET has promised strong winds in the morning of the event. Storm ‘Brian’ should move east however and leave us alone in the afternoon. Either way, we are going to be indoors in the Tywi Centre’s hall, so no-one have to worry about the weather. Hopefully, they will be wrong anyway…;o)
Black Mountain Food Hub will be setting the stage for a banquet for the Tywi Valley community. We wish people to get together over food to discuss the importance of local food production, what is missing, and how we can ‘get growing’. The day starts early 10 am with talks by farmers and growers about how they converted to organic, farm diversification, running farm businesses, training opportunities for entrant farmers, welsh organic certification and how to access land. In the afternoon there will be food and farming films also. At NOON we sit down by some long tables and have a community potluck. Please bring food to share as well as your own cutlery and plates. We summarise the day with an engaging session to try and initiate some new farming projects for the Tywi Valley. The day ends with live music by Fiddlebox.
The program is as follows:
- From 10 am. Talks and discussions throughout the day. See below pdf link for detailed program. Please come and support our speakers by being there at 10 am.
- Film showings about sustainable food production and the politics of food from noon.
- LUNCH: At noon we will gather to have a great Potluck banquet. PLEASE BRING A DISH TO SHARE
- Apple pressing, BRING YOUR OWN APPLES!
- Vegetable face painting will be on offer in the afternoon!
- KIDS: While the adults listen to talks kids can join kids’ art activities and seed bomb making! Morning only.
- 5 pm we gather to listen to Fiddlebox, a fiddle and accordion duo.
- 6.30 the day ends
View the full event program.
Beer, meat and veggie food stalls and sour dough pizzas will also be present so no-one will go hungry. We provide the tea and coffee!
There will be no entrance fee as we want everybody to be able to attend, but we ask for donations to cover music which is supported by the Night Out scheme. Night Out covers the band fee only if we try and make some of the money back, so if you can, please donate at the entrance :o)
Black Mountain Food Hub is a Community Interest Company and we work to connect local food producers with local customers, as well as organise events and projects to raise awareness of the importance of sustainable agriculture at the heart of our communities.